Tuesday 20 September 2016

Platinum Announces Bayonetta Amiibo

Now I know what you're asking "Wait wasn't a Bayonetta Amiibo announced already?" well yes disembodied internet voice they did confirm Bayonetta would be getting an Smash Bro's Amiibo series version.

So whats going on today? Well its nearly the 2nd anniversary of the Japanese launch of Bayonetta 2 and Yusuke Hashimoto, the game's director has a Big Announcement.



"We’re coming up on Bayonetta 2’s second anniversary, and what better way to commemorate the occasion than with a new figure?

And what better figure than an amiibo?

I’m afraid that this little taste is all I can give you right now, since we’re still working hard to get her just right. But I assure you that we’re going to capture everything you know and love about Bayonetta – every detail down to the exact sizes of her glasses and eyes – and bring you an amiibo that’ll meet your every expectation.

Back when we were making Bayonetta 2, there wasn’t any talk of bringing the game to life in three dimensions like this. In fact, this is the first time a character from a game I’ve directed has been made into a figure. I’m shocked by how well Bayonetta’s essence has been shrunk down to fit in the palm of your hand! What an amazing era…

I’m really looking forward to the full unveiling of the Bayonetta amiibo, and I hope you’re as excited as I am.

Between the announcement of her amiibo and her Super Smash Bros. debut, 2016 has been quite a year for our favorite witch. It’s a dream come true to see her fighting alongside such storied and beloved characters as Mario and Fox McCloud in Smash Bros.
I’d love to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of Bayonetta’s fans for all the love and support you’ve shown her up to now! I hope she stays in your heart for years to come."

Yes I'm sure the size of her 'Glasses' is a priority *wink*. Sorry where was I? Oh yes that's it. So what is exactly going on here? Nintendo has been the one making all the Smash Amiibo even the third party characters have been Nintendo made*. So either Platinum is heavily involved in the creation process of the smash series or they are making their own.

Judging from today's "announcement" and tying it into Bayonetta 2's anniversary  makes me believe this is actually an 2nd Bayonetta figure which raises the question what functionality will the figure have? personally I'm hoping that follow Shovel Knights example and add co-op to the campaign.

*Shovel Knight was the first Amiibo made by an third party and the upcoming Monster Hunter Stories Capcom has created an entire range of Amiibo for the title.

Abe's Take
It's great to see Bayonetta doing well, The witch dose seem to enjoy here time with Nintendo with the sequel beings exclusive, staring in Smash Bros (Via public vote) and now her own (apparently separate to Smash) Amiibo. I mean they could of just made a statue or regular figure but they went with Amiibo. Lets see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment